An Act to authorize an Assessment on the inhabitants of the town plot of Dartmouth.
(Passed the 7th day of May, A. D. 1866.)
1. Inhabitants of Dartmouth may assess themselves for $600 to obtain plan of township.
2. Commissioners of Streets may borrow said amount.
4.(sic) Amount to be repaid in three years,
4. General or Special Sessions may assess for amount.
Be it enacted by the Governor, Council, and Assembly, as follows:
Inhabitants of Dartmouth may assess themselves for $600 to obtain plan of township:
1. The rateable inhabitants residing within the town plot of the township of Dartmouth, in the county of Halifax, may selves for $600 assess themselves, at any public meeting to be called for the purpose by any three of the Justices of the said county, notice of such meeting having been first given by handbills posted up within the limits of such town plot at least ten days previous to such meeting, in a sum not exceeding six hundred dollars, for the purpose of obtaining a good and sufficient plan of said town plot.
Commissioners may borrow said amount:
2. The Commissioners of Streets for the said township are hereby authorized to borrow the sum of six hundred dollars for the purpose aforesaid, by pledging the security of this act.
Amount to be repaid in three years:
3. Such sum and interest thereon, at the rate of six per centum per annum, shall be repaid in three years in the following manner, viz., the sum of two hundred dollars and interest in one year, the sum of two hundred dollars and interest in two years, and the sum of two hundred dollars and interest in three years, from the time such sum of six hundred dollars is so borrowed.
General and Special Sessions may assess for amount:
4. A general or special sessions shall assess such amounts as aforesaid upon the inhabitants of the said town plot, and the same shall be collected and enforced in the same manner as poor and county rates are now collected and enforced.