Part of “Five Corners”, 1866

The Bridge at bottom left crosses the Mill Stream to downtown Dartmouth, St. James Church is now found at the corner adjacent at “Lot 5”. On the left, the road “To Preston” is now Prince Albert Road (Skate Factory, being Starr Manufacturing, noted at top left) while the “Road to Cole Harbour”, now Portland Street is seen at middle, Canal Street at far right.

“Plan of Part of the Estate the Late Lawrence Hartshorne…”, 1866. https://archives.novascotia.ca/maps/archives/?ID=858