From The Story of Dartmouth, by John P. Martin:
This photo was taken about 1912 shows Marine Street on the present Shipyard property. Until World War II it was a town-owned site. To the right is the “Point” where the hangings were held in the 1700s. The lettering on the buildings indicates the boiler shops of N at tumid Evans and Sons, successors to Adam McKay. Extending from these buildings ran the large wharf of the Nantucket Whaling Company of 1785. It stood there over 40 years. The glacial mound of green grass was just behind the dwelling house.