A particularly detailed early map of Dartmouth, showing blockhouses (three of them) surrounding the town plot which contains 16 buildings, 15 within the area picketed. These could represent individual blocks, or could be generally representative of built up areas. A road to Lawrencetown is noted, along with the Saw Mill at what would be five corners today. A dotted line denotes “cleared ground” which surrounds Dartmouth from The East Battery to the near the bottom of where Lyle Street would be today.
“A Chart of Halifax Harbour, N.S.” 1759. https://archives.novascotia.ca/maps/archives/?ID=102&Page=201320528